DISTRICT GOVERNOR 2021-22
Carol Hughes was born and raised in England, and after 15 years in the elementary classroom, Carol and her family emigrated to Ohio in July 1993. After 16 years with the YMCA Carol changed careers in 2010 and was offered the opportunity to lead the Springboro Chamber of Commerce.
Carol has excelled in building community relationships and working in all aspects of membership and program development. Chamber work involves building relationships and developing partnerships, and Carol uses her skills and experiences with the Springboro Chamber of Commerce to further the economic growth and business development in the heart of Springboro.
Carol is a devoted Rotarian, a member of the Springboro Rotary Club for the past 14 years. In July 2021, Carol will become Rotary District Governor for District 6670, leading the 48 Rotary clubs in southwest Ohio. Service above self is the motto of Rotary and Carol lives by this every day.
Carol lives in Springboro. Her four adult children live in Indianapolis (Russell/Lindsay), Centerville (Adam/Kelly), Springboro (Kelly/Curtis) and Hamilton (Daniel/Emily). She has two grandsons, Camren (12) and Corwin (8) and two grandaughters, Mclayne (5) and Evie (2).
DISTRICT GOVERNOR 2022-23
Frank Scott of the Dayton Rotary Club has been selected by the District Nominating Committee to serve as District 6670 Governor for the Rotary year 2022-23. Frank continues to serve as the District Foundation Chair along with other Club and District responsibilities. As many of you know from his current roles, Frank is hardworking, generous, and has a heart for Rotary.
Among Frank's many Rotary roles, he has served in the follow positions:
- Dayton Rotary Club Foundation Chair to 2007
- Past Dayton Rotary Club President 2012 to 2013
- Assistant District Governor 2013 to 2016
- District Rotary Foundation Chair 2016 to 2019
- Rotary Leadership Institute Graduate October 2017
- Assistant District Governor 2017 to 2020
- District Rotary Foundation Chair 2019 2022
DISTRICT GOVERNOR 2023-24
Robert Douglas Buchy was born in Springfield, Ohio and raised in Clark County. He graduated from the University of Cincinnati, graduating with a BA in Economics and a Certificate in Business Administration. He entered active duty via Navy Officer’s Candidate School, Newport, RI and served in the Navy for over 20 years, primarily as a Surface Warfare Officer. His afloat Navy assignments have included tours of duty in Pearl Harbor, HI on the USS Ouellett (FF-1077) as the Boilers Officer and later as the Gunnery Officer; in San Diego, CA on the USS Constellation (CV-64) as the Assistant Weapons Officer; in Long Beach, CA on the USS Gary (FFG-51) as the Chief Engineer and in Little Creek, VA on the USS Exploit (MSO-440) as the Executive Officer. His shore duty assignments included training recruits at Recruit Training Center, San Diego; Operational Test Director for all Electronic Warfare operational testing at Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force Norfolk, VA; and Deputy Chief Information Officer at NAVSEA Dam Neck, VA. The last seven years of his career, he was a Space and Electronic Warfare Officer and involved with the modeling and simulation community assisting acquisition programs in all phases of development to include concept formulation, source selection, execution oversight, and acceptance testing. His final tour of duty was in a joint assignment as a Program Manager for the Joint Modeling and Simulation System (JMASS) representing the Navy at Aeronautical Systems Center, WPAFB, OH. He is a Gulf War I (Desert Storm) Veteran, spending much of the war off the coast of Kuwait. While in the Navy, he received his Master of Science in Software Engineering from National University, San Diego. Also, during his Navy career, he served for four years as an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at Paul D. Camp Community College, Suffolk, VA. Lieutenant Commander Buchy retired from the United States Navy 1 August 2002. He is a life member of the VFW. His personal awards include: The Meritorious Service Medal, the Navy Commendation Medal (2 awards), the Navy Achievement Medal (2 awards) and the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal.
Mr. Buchy was elected to the Springboro Ohio school board in 2003 and served the Springboro community for a four-year term. While on the board of education, Doug served as the Board President during the most successful year in school history; the year the two new elementary schools and significant additions to the junior high and high schools were opened. He has also been highly active over the years in youth activities, having coached SCBA baseball, softball, Pee Wee football, recreation basketball and boy’s high school lacrosse. He is a member of the Christmas in Springboro Festival Planning Committee.
Mr. Buchy is currently an Air Force Acquisition Instructor Course Instructor teaching graduate level classes in program management.
Doug is married to Elizabeth Ann Signorelli formerly of Brooklyn, New York. They have two children, Erica (Brian) Coleman and Daniel (Kelsey) Buchy and three grandchildren, Lance (4), Felicity (3) and Connor (10 mo.).
Rotary Specific information:
- Became member of the Rotary Club of Great Bridge, Chesapeake, VA in 1994. Club was a medium sized club of 65 members.
- Became a member of the Rotary Club of Dayton in 2002. Club was a large sized club with 300+ members.
- Transferred membership to the Rotary Club of Springboro in 2007. Club is a small sized club of 25 members.
- President Elect 2008-2009
- President 2009-2010
- Rotary Foundation Chairman 2010-2015
- Treasurer 2017-2019
- Multiple Paul Harris Fellow (PHF+1)
- Paul Harris Society Member
- District 6670 Positions:
- Served as Assistant Governor 2010-2013
- Responsible for the following clubs during the three years: Centerville (1 yr), Dayton (3 yrs), Fairborn (2 yrs), Trotwood (2 yrs), Waynesville (1 yr) and Xenia (3 yrs)
- Served as Assistant Governor Coordinator 2013-2015
- Served as District Trainer 2013-2015
- Member of the Executive Committee 2012-2015
- Member of the All-Ohio PETS Committee 2013-2015
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee 2013-2014
- Member of the Foundation Committee 2014-2015
- Chairman of the Grants Committee 2014-2015
- Served as Assistant Governor 2010-2013
- All-Ohio PETS Positions:
- Served as a Facilitator 2010-2012
- Served as the Facilitator Trainer 2011-2014. Responsible for training the trainers for over 260 PEs per year.
- Rotary Legacy:
- Father, Robert L. Buchy (deceased), was a member of the Dayton Rotary Club (1982 to 2015) and was a Major Donor.
- Uncle, G. James Buchy, was a long-time member of the Greenville Rotary Club.