Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
As we stand on the cusp of eliminating polio, we find ourselves poised for our next challenge. The time is right to move toward realizing a new vision that brings more people together, increases our impact, and creates lasting change around the world. To achieve the vision of Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation, we have set four priorities that will direct our work over the next five years.
ROTARY’S STRATEGIC PRIORITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Eradicate polio and leverage the legacy
- Focus our programs and offerings
- Improve our ability to achieve and measure impact
- Grow and diversify our membership and participation
- Create new channels into Rotary
- Increase Rotary’s openness and appeal
- Build awareness of our impact and brand
- Support clubs to better engage their members
- Develop a participant centered approach to deliver value
- Offer new opportunities for personal and professional connection
- Provide leadership development and skills training
- Build a culture of research, innovation, and willingness to take risks
- Streamline governance, structure, and processes
- Review governance to foster more diverse perspectives in decision-making
ROTARY’S CORE VALUES
The world today is not the same as it was when Rotary was founded in 1905. Demographics have shifted, the pace of change has accelerated, and technology has created new opportunities for connection and service. What hasn’t changed is a need for the values that define Rotary:
FELLOWSHIP INTEGRITY DIVERSITY SERVICE LEADERSHIP
By honoring our past and embracing our future, we can evolve and keep Rotary not only relevant, but thriving.