District 6670 District Governor Nomination
We are beginning the search for the Rotarian who will be our District Governor for the Rotary Year 2022-2023. This process ends with the announcement of the new District Governor Nominee Designate (DGND) at the 2020 District Conference.
Rotary International requires that the person nominated will follow a two-year process of training and preparation before assuming the role of District Governor. During the 2020-2021 Rotary year, the selected individual will be the District Governor Nominee (DGN). This role includes observation and training, and participation at District events. It also includes participation at the Rotary Zone 30-31 training institute in Norman, OK October 6-11, 2020, and the All-Ohio Presidents-Elect Training Seminar in March 2020, and participating as a non-voting member of key district committees.
During the 2021-2022 Rotary year, the selected individual will be the District Governor-Elect (DGE). Training and observation activities continue, including participation at the Zone training institute in September or October 2021, and at the Rotary International Assembly (an assembly and training program for District Governors- Elect from all Rotary Districts in the world) in Orlando, FL in January 2022. The DGE will also be the lead District participant for the All-Ohio Presidents-Elect Training Seminar in March 2022.
The elected individual will become District Governor on July 1, 2022.
Our district utilizes a Nominating Committee process. Interested applicants must submit their completed application to Past District Governor William Shula, Chair of the Nominating Committee, prior to January 13, 2020. The Chair must review the application to ensure that the required elements are included and that the applicant meets all of the requirements set forth by RI and our District. Interviews of selected applicants, by the committee, will take place on Wednesday, January 29, 2020, at Wetherington Country Club after 4:30pm.
Your help in identifying those qualified applicants would be appreciated. Please look within your club and within your Rotary network to identify those Rotarians who met the qualifications and have the desire to get involved at the District level. Feel free to approach he or she or contact Bill Shula, PDG, your Assistant Governor or any other member of the District Nominating Committee and he or she will be glad to reach out and answer all of their questions. The work that we do today will reap benefits for our District, Clubs and Rotarians in the future. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
If you have questions, contact Bill Shula at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications, Requirements and Instructions
Qualifications for District Governor are prescribed by the Rotary International Manual of Procedure (RIMOP). Each applicant must have been a Rotarian for a minimum of seven years as of June 30, 2022.
At the time of selection, unless excused by the RI board a Governor-Nominee must:
- be a member in good standing of a functioning club in the district;
- have served as club president for a full term or as charter president for at least six months;
- demonstrate willingness, commitment, and ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a governor
- demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of governor as prescribed in the bylaws; and
- submit to RI a statement that the Rotarian understands those qualifications, duties, and responsibilities, is qualified for the office of governor, and is willing and able to assume and faithfully perform those duties and responsibilities.
Please consult the RIMOP for additional requirements for the governor effective at the time of taking office.
Each applicant is to complete and submit the following items:
- District Governor Application
- The Club Resolution signed by the club President and Club Secretary
- The Governor-nominee Form from Rotary International signed by the Club Secretary
- Signed form authorizing District 6670 to conduct a background check
Completed applications should be mailed to:
PDG Bill Shula
Chair, District 6670 Nominating Committee
Address in directory or online.