District 6670 District Governor Nomination
We are beginning the search for the Rotarian who will be our District Governor for the Rotary Year 2021-2022. This process ends with the announcement of the new District Governor Nominee Designate (DGND) at the 2019 District Conference.
Rotary International requires that the person nominated will follow a two-year process of training and preparation before assuming the role of District Governor. During the 2019-2020 Rotary year, the selected individual will be the District Governor Nominee (DGN). This role includes observation and training, and participation at District events. It also includes participation at the Rotary Zone 30-31 training institute in Ft Wayne, IN October 10-13, 2019, and the All-Ohio Presidents-Elect Training Seminar in March 2019, and participating as a non-voting member of key district committees.
During the 2020-2021 Rotary year, the selected individual will be the District Governor-Elect (DGE). Training and observation activities continue, including participation at the Zone training institute in September or October 2020, and at the Rotary International Assembly (an assembly and training program for District Governors- Elect from all 537 Rotary Districts in the world) in Orlando, FL in January 2021. The DGE will also be the lead District participant for the All-Ohio Presidents-Elect Training Seminar in March 2021.
The elected individual will become District Governor on July 1, 2021.
Our district utilizes a Nominating Committee process. Interested applicants must submit their completed application to Past District Governor Mike Kelly, Chair of the Nominating Committee, prior to January 10, 2019. The Chair must review the application to ensure that the required elements are included and that the applicant meets all of the requirements set forth by RI and our District. Interviews of selected applicants, by the committee, will take place on Wednesday, January 30, 2019, at Wetherington Country Club after 4:30pm.
Your help in identifying those qualified applicants would be appreciated. Please look within your club and within your Rotary network to identify those Rotarians who met the qualifications and have the desire to get involved at the District level. Feel free to approach he or she or contact Mike Kelly, PDG, your Assistant Governor or any other member of the District Nominating Committee and he or she will be glad to reach out and answer all of their questions. The work that we do today will reap benefits for our District, Clubs and Rotarians in the future. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
If you have questions, call Mike Kelly at 513-379-2527, or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications, Requirements and Instructions
Each applicant must have been a Rotarian for a minimum of seven years as of June 30, 2021.
At the time of selection, a Governor-Nominee must:
- Be a current active member in good standing of a functioning Rotary club in District 6670.
- Have full qualifications for membership in the strict application of the club membership provisions, and the integrity of the Rotarian’s classification must be without question.
- Have served as President of a Rotary club for a full term before July 1, 2018, or be a charter president of a club having served the term from the date of the charter to 30 June, provided that period is for at least six months. (Note: that club may be one outside of District 6670.)
- Demonstrate willingness, commitment, ability, physically and otherwise, to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the office of Governor as provided in the RI Bylaws section.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of Governor as prescribed in the RI Bylaws, and submit a signed statement acknowledging a clear understanding of them. This statement shall also confirm that the Rotarian is qualified for the office of Governor and is willing and able to assume the duties and responsibilities of the office and to perform them faithfully.
- The nomination is made in the name of the sponsoring Rotary Club, and must include a resolution adopted at a regular meeting of the club. The resolution shall be signed by the Club Secretary, certifying the resolution. The Nominating Committee Chair shall contact the Club President of the candidate to verify the applicant is a member in good standing and to verify that the application is properly signed and certified.
- Each applicant is to complete and submit the following items:
- District Governor Application
- The Club Resolution signed by the club President and Club Secretary
- The Governor-nominee Form from Rotary International signed by the Club Secretary
- Signed form authorizing District 6670 to conduct a background check
Completed applications should be mailed to:
PDG Mike Kelly
Chair, District 6670 Nominating Committee
Address in directory or online.